20 May 2013

The Detroit Airport Isn't That Bad.

Greetings y'all from Detroit's airport!

Please don't mind my blog at the moment- I'm currently working on it and what I want it to look like.  I mean, I do have another 2 hours until I board for my flight to Paris. But I'm getting a little burnt out from working on it, so who knows.

Anyway

Welcome to my blog.  I kept a blog when I studied abroad in Montpellier, France, fall semester of 2011, and it seemed to honestly work well with keeping in touch with friends and family, and it's always fun to go and reread.  So I've decided to do it again, although I was suggested to do a vlog (video blog) but we'll see where this goes. I will be updating with text posts, but I might just throw in some videos from time to time.

I'm not 100% that I'll get the internship that I'm interviewing for.  It's pretty likely but the company just wants to make sure this is what they are looking for. The company would be Prométhée Humanitaire.  (http://www.prometheehumanitaire.org) There is a button to translate to page to English, if you'd like to go check it out.

I graduated on Saturday from The University of Iowa, turned 22 yesterday, and left for Paris today.  It has been quite the weekend- let me tell you.  I slept on an air mattress last night and didn't sleep that well so I'm counting on sleeping this entire flight. I also got me some Dramamine, so that should knock me out.  I arrive at 8 am tomorrow morning in Paris, or 1 am central time.  (Paris is seven hours ahead.)

I'm so glad to be going but I'm tired, have indigestion (when don't I, seriously), and am just wanting to be there already.  I'm not going to lie, I'm a little grumpy but luckily I'm traveling alone and no one has to deal with it.  Once I get into France tomorrow and get some real Camembert in me, I'll be good.

I hope you guys can leave comments, I am not completely familiar with this thing.  Last time I used Tumblr (Like my status if you have a Tuuuumblr, a Tuuuuumblr)

I'll leave some contact stuff here below and somewhere on the side of this thingy.

Kat is sleepy.  I'm going to finish this sandwich and start reading a book Bradjamin gave me. (He's the best.)

Aight, peace out homies.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you Kat! I will definitely be creeping on your blog & reading about all your adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everything goes splendiferously for you! I'm stoked to be able to catch up via your blog...I hope you post pics etc too! I totes love the idea of a combo of vblog and text... :-)

    Welp, congrats, happy bday and darn it I'm sad I couldn't come to your party...but I was there in spirit! *hugs* get some sleepy sleep friend!

    ~Crystal~

    ReplyDelete