06 June 2013

Quick Post!

Hey y'all!

Today, I go to Norway to visit some family on the Lohse side of my family.  I can't talk for too long, I need to get my final ducks in a row before I begin my travels.

Biggest concerns: I'm not going to be where I need to be, miss my flight, and have paid all the money for nothing.  I'm going to try to take money out of an ATM before I leave (I'm a little low on physical cash, I just hope my card works!) So that's a concern.  Also, I hope they speak some English before I find Ron and Joy (who I'm visiting) because I don't even know how to pronounce the language Norwegians speak.

I'll be bringing my camera, hopefully to get plenty of pictures in.  I know I've been lacking in taking photos of Paris.. as weird as it may sound, I'm really lacking inspiration.  I know the Eiffel Tower is impressive, but it's really hard to find a good angle when there are tourists EVERYWHERE.  Not that I'm not a tourist, but, I'm not... blatantly a tourist.

Also, one more thought: Take a moment and reflect back to what you thought of yourself when you graduated middle school.  I can't tell you that I'd be living in France, about to take a flight (by myself) to Norway.  I never thought I'd be "fluent" in French.  I always thought I'd learn Spanish.  I never thought I'd have a million piercing.  Or study math in college.  Or anything. I always figured I'd move to San Diego or something.. maybe.

I guess all I'm trying to say is keep your mind open, and your doors open to new experiences.

Studying aboard in Montpellier and doing an internship in Paris were both decided upon in about a minute.  When I saw the presentation of an internship in Paris over the summer, I looked at Melinda (friend from class) and said I was going to Paris this summer.  Et, voila.  Je suis a Paris.

You don't have to travel thousands of miles to be happy- you just got to do what's right for you.  For me, it's traveling.  I can't tell you what will make you happy, you need to do some self discovery for that.

Hoping you all realize your dreams!  Next time you here from me, I'll be in Norway!

Wish me safe travels! Love and miss you all!

1 comment:

  1. Almost everyone here in Norway speaks English so you don't have to worry about that. And you won't need any euros for Norway because Norway doesn't use the euro. Currency here in the kroner. See you soon!!! Joy

    ReplyDelete